New Orleans cemeteries (due to the high water table, people in New Orleans are buried above ground).
A baked casserole dish that is commonly eaten in Minnesota homes. Popular varieties include Tator Tot hotdish, Party Potatoes (aka Funeral Potatoes), Green Bean casserole and Wild Rice casserole. Many of these are cooked with Campbell's Soup such as Cream of Chicken.
The Baltimore Bullet is the nickname for Baltimore native Michael Phelps, the most prolific athlete in Olympic history. Michael Phelps has already beaten the gold medal record of nine, and has eleven as of tonight. He also stands to break Mark Spitz's record of seven gold medals in any one Olympics. Phelps is perfect so far in Beijing 2008 and is favored to complete his quest for eight gold medals.
1. Italian swear word used commonly, since most of the city is Italian. Let's just say it's an f-word.
2. New York Italian slang for the "f word"
1. This is August 15 and a few days on either side. When all the leases in the central city turn over at the same time, many students and other renters leave vast piles of unwanted belongings on the curb as they change apartments. These items are often taken home by others as the population garbage picks the piles. When someone asks where you got an item, you reply "Hippie Christmas."
2. Most leases in Madison, Wisconsin go from August 15th to August 14th of the following year. Many students are stuck in no man's land from noon on the 14th to noon on 15th while the owners are turning over the apartments. Some people camp out overnight guarding their earthly possessions. In the aftermath of this multiple-day circus plenty of rancid old pieces of furniture are left out on the curb for opportunistic hippies to snatch.
3. Whether it makes them hippies or not, many UW students wait for Hippie Christmas to furnish their new (but not very new) apartments. It costs a lot of money to furnish a place and college students are often strapped for cash. The trick is to find something that isn't drenched beyond repair. Many finds are quite salvageable.