ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By accessing or using our website, www.CityDictionary.com, you demonstrate that you accept the terms in this document, whether or not you are a registered user. CityDictionary.com may amend the Terms of Service (TOS) at any time, effective upon posting the amended version on this page. If the TOS are revised, the latest revision date will be indicated at the top of the page.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
CityDictionary.com allows users to create and view definitions and descriptions for local vocabulary, people, places and things and submit them for publication.
All users that create an account are required to provide accurate, complete and current information about themselves in all required fields. Should CityDictionary.com suspect that your personal information is not complete, current, or accurate, your account may be subject to suspension or termination.
When you visit CityDictionary.com, we collect usage data from you. This information is stored in log files. These files include the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stay. Site usage information also includes the domain names of browsers that visit our Site, time of day that the Site was visited and other non-personally identifiable information.
If you provide us with your e-mail address, you will be eligible to receive e-mails from us. You may subscribe or unsubscribe from our e-mail list at any time. We do not share or sell e-mail addresses.
CityDictionary.com is the sole owner of the definitions and descriptions submitted on the site unless the material is owned and copyrighted. CityDictionary.com shall be entitled to use such contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide and you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement under any circumstances.
CityDictionary.com does not monitor user submissions, but if it is brought to our attention that any particular submission(s) are offensive, in violation of copyright law, or contain otherwise unacceptable material, the submission may be removed.
CityDictionary.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of user submissions. You understand that by using CityDictionary.com, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CityDictionary.com be liable for any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by CityDictionary.com.
As a user of CityDictionary.com you agree to abide by certain rules of conduct, including the Community Guidelines and other rules prohibiting illegal conduct as well as other practices outlined below which CityDictionary.com deems harmful.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- Make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, or copyright, or other proprietary rights.
- Submit or otherwise make available Content that is invasive of any individual’s privacy by including their address, phone number, email address, social security number, credit card or other similar information.
- Submit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, defamatory, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, libelous, harassing, fraudulent, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegally impersonate any person or entity or falsely misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Submit or otherwise make available any unauthorized advertising, promotional material, or any other form of solicitation.
- Submit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interfere with, damage or limit the functionality of any computer hardware or software.
- Interfere, disrupt or impair CityDictionary.com or servers or networks connected to CityDictionary.com.
- Register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity.
- Submit or otherwise make available Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Attempt to gain access another User's account or password.
- Stalk, abuse or harass another user.
CityDictionary.com respects its users. If you find any content on the site to be offensive, copyrighted, illegal or otherwise inappropriate, please use the "Flag" button next to each definition.
Any violation of the TOS may result in immediate and permanent suspension or cancellation of your Account. You agree that CityDictionary.com may take whatever steps it deems necessary to prevent behavior that violates the TOS, without notice to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold the CityDictionary.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, contractors and partners from and against any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any Content you post or share or otherwise make available on or through the Site, your conduct in connection with the Site or with other users of the Site, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of another. Any content obtained through the use of the Site should be used at the user’s own discretion and risk.
NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit any portion of the Site for commercial purposes without prior written permission from CityDictionary.com.
CityDictionary.com reserves the right to place advertisements and promotions on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site, including delivery and payment of the goods and/or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that CityDictionary.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Site.
CityDictionary.com may provide links to other web sites or resources. Because CityDictionary.com has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that CityDictionary.com is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
You acknowledge and agree that the Site may contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws.
All content, trade names, trademarks, service marks, domain names and other distinctive brand features are protected by law. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with www.CityDictionary.com, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- You, the user, agree and understand that the use of CityDictionary.com is at your own risk. The Service provided is on "as is" and "as available" basis. CityDictionary.com disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- CityDictionary.com makes no warranty that:
- The Service or Site will meet your requirements,
- The Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free from error
- The Service or Content are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of CityDictionary.com is done at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data or other liability that results from the download of such material.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that CityDictionary.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages or loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use or lack of use of the Site.
The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and CityDictionary.com and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and CityDictionary.com with respect to the Service.
Please report any violations of the TOS to email@example.com.