1. The virgin vault was the former all-female Elizabeth Waters dormitory at the University of Wisconsin. It has recently been made co-ed, however, so the virigns have been let out...
This is August 15 and a few days on either side. When all the leases in the central city turn over at the same time, many students and other renters leave vast piles of unwanted belongings on the curb as they change apartments. These items are often taken home by others as the population garbage picks the piles. When someone asks where you got an item, you reply "Hippie Christmas."
1. Bratfest is held every year on Memorial Day Weekend Friday - Monday on Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center. It moved to Willow Island a few years ago after being held in the Sentry Foods parking lot when it first began.
In 2008 the fest set a world record for the most brats consumed in a weekend. Each year they try to break their own world record by selling more and more brats.
In addition to Brats, Bratfest also offers hotdogs and Boca Brats (vegetarian) for very reasonable prices.
Free live entertainment is available on two stages as well as carnival rides and sweet treats. Rutabega also offers kayaking for kids.
Admission is free, parking is free, and a large portion of profits go to dozens of Madison area charities. Check it out!
2. Johnsonville sponsors the annual "World's Largest Brat Fest". It is usually held Memorial Day weekend on Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center. Parking, admission, and music are all free. Carnival rides and games are available. The rides cost $2-$4 each. Brats and hot dogs are relatively inexpensive ($1.50 in 2008). A large portion of the proceeds go to local charities.
1. The virgin vault was the former all-female Elizabeth Waters dormitory at the University of Wisconsin. It has recently been made co-ed, however, so the virigns have been let out of the vault.
2. Also formerly referred to...
1. Radio personality and television producer Johnny Grant currently holds this appointed and purely ceremonial position
2. Iconic spokesman for the LA area as a radio personality, died January 9th, 2008.