1. A group, led by a captain, that organizes a parade during Carnival season.
2. Members of a carnival organization.
Nickname for Warren Buffett, the investing legend known for his disciplined value investing and gaudy long-term returns. The guy simply has a talent for picking good companies with real staying power. Buffett has experienced annualized returns of roughly 20% over a few decades. This is VERY hard to do. He works and lives in Omaha, Nebraska.
1. Because of its elevation of roughly 2,600 feet, Bluefield has relatively mild summers, earning the nickname "Nature's Air Conditioned City".
2. I grew up in Bluefield and it never really gets hot enough to swim outside even in the dead of summer.
1. Pittsburgh speak for the preposition "with".
2. Meaning: with
Example: I'd like my cheesesteak wit onions.
Montana is known as the "Last Best Place" to locals. After the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski, was captured in a remote cabin outside Lincoln, Montana, Montana became pretty popular in the media as a great hiding place. People were actually printing t-shirts with an outline of the state of Montana, a depiction of Ted Kaczynski's headshot with his unkempt hair, as well as the "Last Best Place" mantra with the word "hiding" scribbled in between 'best' and 'place.'