The grassy area between the sidewalk and the curb, usually owned by the city.
1. Stinky water from the gutters that mixes with garbage. Don't step in the polio water, or else the polio smell will stick with you all day.
2. Polio Water - A puddle of water.
1. Philadelphian speak for Italian Ice, a frozen desert made of flavored syrup.
2. Italian Ice
Yankee fans wouldn't shut up about a curse that prevented the Red Sox from winning the World Series since 1918. That is, until the Red Sox won in 2004 to dispel such a myth.
1. Refers to the problems caused when I-93 was to be put under construction. There was a terrible allocation of funds, which caused many citizens to become infuriated with the city.
2. A massive underground highway project, the most expensive in U.S. history.