A rose bush or thorn bush
1. A phrase referring to Peoria’s reputation as a famous test market because of its representation of the diversity of the country as a whole. During its vaudeville days up to the present, if a show, law, or...
1. Refers to the problems caused when I-93 was to be put under construction. There was a terrible allocation of funds, which caused many citizens to become infuriated with the city.
2. A massive underground highway project, the most expensive in U.S. history.
1. Hafa Adai (pronounced "half a day") is "hello" in Guam's native Chamorro language. It's used more or less the same way as "aloha" is used as a greeting on the Hawaiian Islands.
2. Can also be close to "what's up" in its meaning. Just "hafa" is often used, but it's the informal usage.
1. A supermarket shopping cart.
2. The vehicles in a race held by Carnegie Mellon during their spring carnival since 1920.