A spuckie is a word used to describe a submarine (sub) sandwich. It comes from the Italian word "spucadella" which is an italian sandwich roll. It most likely came from the Italians in the North End and elsewhere...
Kentucky's obsession with the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team. The tradition rich program is a great source of pride for the locals. The team has seven NCAA and two Helms national championships, 43 SEC regular season championships...
1. The Chicago Bungalow is the main source of housing design in the Chicago area. These bungalow style houses make up about a third of the city's housing. Many of these were built during beginning of the 20th century and the period after WWII.
2. The house featured during the theme song of the old sitcom Family Matters...
1. In the summer months, the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra holds free concerts on the capitol square in Madison every Wednesday night.
2. 2010 will see the 27th year of the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra playing at Concert on the Square. 2010 dates will be:
June 30th, 2010
July 7th, 2010
July 14th, 2010
July 28th, 2010
August 4th, 2010
That's six straight Wednesdays, with all concerts starting at 7:00 PM. As always, C on the S is BYOB and open to the public. Bring your bug spray just in case.
1. The use of "Willy Street" to describe Williamson Street originates with Madison cab dispatchers.
2. Willy street as you pass through might seem a little rough around the edge's, it is a very warm and exciting neighborhood. There are many characters, you get to know the people for who they are and except it for that. I love willy street! (also known as, granola-ville)
3. Willy Street is sometimes also used to refer to the Williamson street Co-op that is located on Williamson street.
Example: I'm going to Willy street, do you want anything?
4. Willy Street is short for Williamson Street, home to one of the "hippiest" neighborhoods in Madison, located on the Near East side. In this neighborhood you have the Willy Street Co-op, Jolly Bob's Jerk Joint, a good Caribbean restaurant and bar, as well as other cool hangouts, such as the Weary Traveler. This bar has board games to play while you're drinking with your friends.
5. Willy Street is the nickname for Williamson Street in Madison. The street is well-known as a haven for liberal hippie-types. In recent years some of the more dilapidated homes have been replaced by newer condos.