This is an endearing nickname for New York, New York. Although most would regard New York City as more influential than the rest of the state in its entirety, this double naming causes problems for upstaters when they tell people where they're from when abroad. (People in other countries are often unaware that New York is both a state and a city.)
1. Italian swear word used commonly, since most of the city is Italian. Let's just say it's an f-word.
2. New York Italian slang for the "f word"
This is August 15 and a few days on either side. When all the leases in the central city turn over at the same time, many students and other renters leave vast piles of unwanted belongings on the curb as they change apartments. These items are often taken home by others as the population garbage picks the piles. When someone asks where you got an item, you reply "Hippie Christmas."
1. "Bennies" is more from the Jersey Shore and refers to people from other parts of the area visiting during the summer.
2. Jersey slang for tourists.
1. A day shift manager at a grocery store who has hilarious encounters with employees and customers. Poor Chad Vader, younger brother to Darth Vader, just doesn't relate to people.
2. Chad Vader is a character from a series of short videos produced locally by Blame Society Productions at the Willy Street Co-op. Chad Vader is younger brother to Darth Vader and works ineffectively as a day shift manager. The first episode was popularized through different social networking sites and has bee seen nearly 8 million times on Youtube.