1. The virgin vault was the former all-female Elizabeth Waters dormitory at the University of Wisconsin. It has recently been made co-ed, however, so the virigns have been let out of the vault.
2. Also formerly referred to as "Lez Waters."
No, this does not refer to messing your pants, rather it refers to a Kentucky delicacy. The Hot Brown is an open-faced sandwich of turkey and bacon, covered in Mornay sauce and baked or broiled until the bread is crisp and the sauce begins to brown. Many places...
Slugging is a form of hitchhiking in DC that benefits both the hitchhiker and the driver. The driver can use the much faster HOV lane after taking on a passenger.
(noun) Common nickname for the Minneapolis Star Tribune, a daily newspaper.
1. The colored (orange, yellow and green) metal chairs outside at the Memorial Union Terrace. You can buy replica terrace chairs in the store inside the union in red and white, but not in the colors outside (though students have been known to steal the real ones as college souvenirs to remember happy times drinking and socializing on the terrace). People have gotten "busted" for having them out on porches and balconies where their thievery is on display.
2. For me, the chairs represent the center of the Universe. I have traveled all over the world and have met people who know the chairs. Just this last weekend I introduced my 8 year old to the chairs. We relaxed in them and enjoyed a cool beverage while watching the boats on the lake and listening to reggae.
3. The terrace chairs represent some of my fondest memories at UW. I spent many a day sitting in them, looking out over the lake and pretending to study. The terrace chairs are quintessentially Madison.
4. Sure, the terrace chairs are emblematic of UW-Madison, and perhaps Madison as a whole, but nobody ever assesses their comfort. I find them quite uncomfortable.