1. The Chicago Bungalow is the main source of housing design in the Chicago area. These bungalow style houses make up about a third of the city's housing. Many of these were built during beginning of the 20th century and the period after WWII.
2. The house featured during the theme song of the old sitcom Family Matters...
1. Named after Claude Treme, the Treme (pronounced truh-MAY) neighborhood (often referred to simply as 'Treme') is the first free neighborhood of color in America. Treme is the location of Congo Square...
2. Treme is also the name of an HBO series to come out in 2010 about the neighborhood's ongoing rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Katrina. The series was created by David Simon, who also created the hit series "The Wire".
The native Rhode Islanders' reference to the hordes of tourists from Massachusetts who swarm their beaches each summer.
1. A common question in Saint Louis upon meeting someone. It is thought that meaningful stereotypes can be made of a person once knowing where he went to high school. This is perhaps a testament to the intense segregation that has plagued the city.
2. the most commonly used question in stl; the first thing people ask when they meet you.
A nickname for Staten Island originated by Wu-Tang Clan (who are from Staten Island).