Subduction zone that stretches along America's west coast, from Northern California and up to British Columbia. If a megathrust earthquake ruptures across this area, Seattle could be hit with an earthquake in the 9 magnitude range on the Richter scale.
1. Mt. Horeble, or Mt. Horrible, is a derogatory name for the town, often invoked by local high schoolers to describe Mt. Horeb's alleged lackluster assets or traditional, closed mindset
2. I've lived in Mt. Horeb and I've never heard this nickname.
3. A playfully derogatory nickname for Mount Horeb.
A Jewish snack food popular in NYC. It is a pocket of dough filled with potato, meat, onions, kasha, or cheese.
A derogatory local nickname for Albany invoked by its more disenchanted residents.
1. A nickname for Seattle that hearkens back to the Alaska Gold Rush, when prospectors would get outfitted in Seattle and then travel north along the Inside Passage to Alaska.
2. A (laughable) nickname for Seattle. Seattle is perhaps more aptly described as the Gateway to the Pacific.