1. Question from an Italian beef vendor about whether you would like it dipped in the juice or not.
2. Chicagoans used to refer to Italian Beef as "Dago Beef," but this practice became has been phased out in the last few decades as the term has been recognized as highly offensive.
The native Rhode Islanders' reference to the hordes of tourists from Massachusetts who swarm their beaches each summer.
The all but defunct annual tradition of U of M students running naked through the streets of Ann Arbor in April after finishing winter semester.
1. Boulder may be 25 square miles in area, but I wouldn't consider its surrounding a paragon of reality. I don't know that the folks in Aspen are in touch the reality of most Americans either.
2. Left-leaning? How about drastically left standing!
1. "Smurf Turf" is a common nickname for Bronco Stadium at Boise State University. It is the only blue astro-turf field in the nation.
2. Boise State is no longer the only collegiate football team to play on a blue field. The University of New...