1. Freedom Tower, formallly 1 World Trade Center, is the building currently under construction at Ground Zero, the site of the former World Trade Center towers that collapsed with the 9/11 attacks.
2. In March this year they dropped the Freedom Tower name for "1 World Trade Center". It will be 1776 feet high, giving it an extra dose of America.
A Jewish snack food popular in NYC. It is a pocket of dough filled with potato, meat, onions, kasha, or cheese.
1. The virgin vault was the former all-female Elizabeth Waters dormitory at the University of Wisconsin. It has recently been made co-ed, however, so the virigns have been let out of the vault.
2. Also formerly referred to as "Lez Waters."
Yankee fans wouldn't shut up about a curse that prevented the Red Sox from winning the World Series since 1918. That is, until the Red Sox won in 2004 to dispel such a myth.
1. This isn't actually Spanish, and isn't pronounced as such. It's actually an old Southern word for laundromat and it's pronounced "wash-uh-TEER-ee-uh", more like how you'd say the English "cafeteria", and not in some Latin way.
2. Another name for a laundromat, taken from Houston's rich "Spanglish" vernacular.