People's Republic of Boulder
- Boulder: ten square miles surrounded by reality
Posted by: Anonymous on Nov 25, 2009
- The land in which the people have gone so far to the left that half the time they end up on the right without even realizing it.
Posted by: Anonymous on Apr 03, 2012
- (1) The land where "open-mindedness" means rejecting every opinion other than the purportedly "leftist" point of view that you can afford since your parents pay for school, food, rent, and living.
(2) Any place where a "common" beggar has a free house, food, insurance, and college education (via parents) but still begs to afford those basic necessities (drugs).
Posted by: Anonymous on Dec 03, 2009
- A town with so much quality of life it inspires envy in many who have never lived there. An island of culture and beauty surrounded by mostly empty land and minds. A great place to date attractive women who can actually think. A place that is dangerous to your mental health, because if you ever move away, you will no doubt end up somewhere so awful in comparison that you will become deeply depressed.
Posted by: Anonymous on Dec 20, 2011
- Small isolated Republic at the foot of the rockies, where people really don't give a crap what people in Colorado Springs think about them.
Posted by: Anonymous on Dec 04, 2009
- Nickname given to the city of Boulder, alluding to its left-leaning populace.
Posted by: queleb on Apr 22, 2008
- Town that has implemented socialism and rejected the principles of the founding fathers. Socialist propaganda is commonly used in the public schools and universities.
Posted by: Anonymous on Dec 20, 2009
- Misguided Ultra Liberal environment with places of higher (liberal) education such as PU "Propagnada Univeristy" with outlets in Santa Cruz, Vermont, NYC and Madison, Wisconsin.
Posted by: Anonymous on Dec 02, 2009
All Categories in Boulder
What makes a good definition?
- Share your valuable knowledge and experience. We want you to add definitions that add local flavor to your city's dictionary. Feel free to define the term by adding your personal perspective and opinion.
- Be courteous. Please be respectful in your definitions.
- Be clear. It’s so important that visitors know exactly what you mean, in your definitions please use clear, descriptive language.
The following is NOT allowed:
- Hate speech. Please refrain from using hateful language that will offend fellow citizens.
- Insults and obscenities. When you add a definition, you are posting to the public domain. Avoid insulting fellow citizens, especially with vulgar language or sexually explicit references.
- Factual inaccuracies. Please make sure that information in your entries is accurate.
- Violation of law. Do not violate any city, state, or federal law. Do not post copyrighted material. Do not threaten other citizens or invade their privacy in any way.